Born on 26.08.1947. Educational Qualification : B.E. Mechanical from College of Engineering, Guindy. Chennai -A.M.I.E., (Electrical) M.H.M.S. (Master of Homeopathy Medical Science) SPORTS : Shooting, Swimming, etc.
Travelling : Has covered almost entire world. Orator in English & Tamil, Hobbies : Photography, Reading, Music,Computer Profession : Film Producer, Distributor, Exhibitor, Exporter, TV Producer, Mall Owner.
Awards Received : 1. Honourable Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi Award 2. Kalaimamani Award. 3. Star of Cinema Award 4. Raja Sando Award 5.Seva Ratna Award 6. Life Time Achievement Award 7. Special Award 8. Dr.M.S. Ashraf Award 9. Outstanding Rotarian Award for 1997 -98 & 1998-99 10. Special Recognition Award 11. Special Appreciation Award 12. Entrepreneur of the Award 13. MGR Sivaji Award 14. Recognized by Tamil Nadu Book of Records 15. Recognized by National Cyber Crime 16. Business Excellence Award 17. SDATCommittee Member 18. Aanmeega Semmal Award 19. Soul-mate Award 20. Rotary Expo Award 21. Recipient of Rotary Magnanimity Award 22. Maha Kalpa Taru Award 23. Life Time Achievement Award 24. Advisor to Houston Tamil Sangam 25. Committee Member of Tamil Iyakkam (VIT, Mr. Viswanathan, Chairman) 26. Recipient of the Prestigious “Service Above Self ” Award by Rotary International. 27. Recipient of “ Kaliyuga Karnan Award ” Awarded by Rotary Club of Chennai Mithra.
Social Services :
1. Presently creating a village for Irulas near Mahabalipuram with 64 houses each of 650 Sq. Ft. 2 BHK Type fully furnished with utensils, fridge, mixie, tv, gas stove, bed, pillows, etc. water tank, concrete roads, solar street lights,community hall, temple, sewerage system and other facilities through Rotary Club of Madras Central and RI District 3232.
2. Built a hospital for the down trodden at a cost around Rupees One Crore at Tirukalukkundram managed by Rotary Club of Tirukalukkundram.
3. Committed Rupees One Crore every year this year onwards for Rotary Foundation.
4. Contributed Rs. 12 Lakhs for constructing paediatric outpatient block in Chengalpet Medical College Hospital through Rotary Club of Chengalpet.
5. For Chennai Floods as a first installment he gave away 2 Kg of rice to around 500 standard families to the tune of Rs. 45,000/- and 1 loaf of bread and 4 Kg of rice to 1000 members at a total cost of Rs. 2,20,000/-. Donated Rs.3,00,000/- to these clubs to purchase the required provisions and vegetables.
6. Adopted his Native Village Pulankurichi of Sivagangai District, and pledged to spend Rs. 50 Lakhs per year for benefit of the community. Installed 110 Solar power lights at a cost of Rs. 30 Lakhs.
7. Built Nallammai Ramanathan Air conditioned Free Kalyana Mandapam at a cost of around Rs. 1.3 Crores.
8. Built a hospital at Maraimalai Nagar mainly for the downtrodden managed by Rotary Club of Maraimalai Nagar.
9. Built and equipped at a cost of Rs. 2.5 Lakhs for a class room at Karpagavalli Bala Patasala, a 200 year old school at Mylapore through Lions Club of Teynampet.
10. Built and donated a building for an Elementary School at Pulankurichi Village, Sivagangai District with 6 class rooms.
11. Built and donated an old age Education Centre at Perambur at a cost of Rs. 1 Lakh. Donated Computers worth to Rs. 50,000/- to the above centre
12. Participated in the building of an Assembly Hall cum Laboratory for the Gangadeeswarar Koil Corporation Higher Secondary School by donating Rs.2.5 Lakhs in the Namakku Naame Scheme
13. Founder Trustee and donor to Rotary Club of Madras Central, TTK, VHS Blood Bank, which is a monument today
14. During the year 1998-1999 conducted a Star Cricket Match at M.A. Chidambaram Stadium. Out of the funds raised from this about Rs.10 Lakhs was donated to Corporation of Madras and Rs.10 Lakhs to Rotary Foundation
15. During the year 1999-2000 Homage to Kargil Heroes was conducted in a very very big way involving 9000 Rotarians, Inner Wheel Members and Students
16. During the year 1999-2000 conducted one of the biggest Blood Donation Camps ever held at Madras and about 1700 units of blood were collected
17. Built a building for the Panchayat School at Neelankarai at a cost of about Rs.2 Lakhs in 1991
18.During his Presidentship in 1995-1996 successfully conducted a Cycle Rally of 9 Rotaractors of Peace Motion starting from Chennai to Singapore and from Singapore to Penang. A total of around 900 km in 10 days by cycle wherein everyday evening they were received by a Rotary Club of that City or Town and celebrated International Night with them.
19. Built and donated an ICU for Margaret Sydney Hospital, a project of Rotary Club of Madras Central at a total cost of about Rs. 12.5 Lakhs
20. Furnished two class rooms at Thorapakkam Panchayat School through Rotary Club of Perungudi at a cost of about Rs.40,000/-
21. Built a Meeting Hall and a Vocational Training Centre Hall known as Abirami Centre at Kuilthottam,
22. Renovated the Esaniakulam at Tiruvannamalai at a cost of Rs. 18 Lakhs.
23. Built a community centre at Sullampatti, Pulankurichi at a cost of Rs. 7 Lakhs.
Social Service In Rotary :
th Elected Unanimously as District Governor Rotary District 3230 for the year 2003 – 2004 (99 year of Rotary),
Home Club : ROTARY CLUB OF MADRAS CENTRAL R.I.DIST. 3230, Date of joining :16-02-1987.
POSITION HELD CLUB
Director Vocational Service : 1988-90, Treasurer 1990-91, Joint Secretary 1992-93, Secretary1993-94, Vice President 1994-95, President 1995-96, Immediate Past President 1996-97, Advisor 1997-2001, Chairman Awards 2007-09, Chairman Awards 2010-11, Club Trainer 2012-13, Club Advisor 2013-14 , Club Trainer 2015-16, Club Trainer 2017-19
POSITION HELD DISTRICT
District Conference Official 1989-90, District Conference Official 1992-93, District Conference Official 1995-96, Governors Group Representative 1996-97, Dist. Foundation Co-Chairman 1996-97, Dist. Conference Chairman 1997-98, Dist. Chairman, Film Festival (Independence Day) 1997-98, Dist. Chairman, Rotary News Today Film Award 1997-98, Dist. Chairman, Fairs, Events & Seminars 1998-99, Chairman, STAR CRICKET MATCH 1998- 99, District Chairman Special Projects 1999-2000, Chairman – Kargil March 1999-2000, District Chairman – Events and Seminars 2000-2001, District Conference Chairman 2001- 2002, District Governor Nominee 2 0 0 2, 2003, District Governor 2003 2004, District Trainer 2005 2006, Mentor for Region 8 2008 2009, Councilor of Special Projects Marathan 2009 2010, Councellor Conference 2011 2012, Councellor to District 2012 2013,
Advisor District Conference 2013 2014, Counsellor Resources 2015 2016, Advisor District Conference 2013 2014, District Advisor Events & Conference 2014 2015, Counsellor Resources 2015 2016, District Advisor 2016 2017, District Advisor Rotary Special Events Counselor District Conference 2017 18, Advisor Public Image Club Trainer District Advisor for Dist 3231 – 2017-2018, District Counsellor 2018-2019, Advisor Literacy 2019- 2020.